Monday 3 February 2014

Soot Sprites

I spent thirteen US dollars on some Soot Sprite fabric from Spoonflower.  This might be the most I have ever paid for a fat quarter. Yesterday some of it turned into a make up bag. 



Soot sprites are dusty little hard-working creatures who appear in two of Studio Ghibli's anime productions; My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away.



If you don't know Studio Ghibli, what are you waiting for?  The productions are charming and beautifully animated but with magic, monsters and grit.  Here's a review of From Up On Poppy Hill from 2013.







3 comments:

  1. That is really sweet! I share your love of soot sprites and Studio Ghibli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Totoro! My Japanese work colleague bought me a little toy Totoro and so I watched the film and loved it. Your Soot Sprite make up bag is fabulous - definitely worth the extra for the FQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabric worth every cent!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and encouragement, and will reply by email unless you are a "no reply blogger". Thank you.